There is no reason to live with a missing tooth- talk with your dental provider
about missing teeth replacement options near you in South Carolina. With convenient locations in downtown Charleston, James Island, Camden, and Summerville, we can help. Prevent possible health repercussions that missing teeth can cause over time- and restore your smile with the team at Ammons Dental by Design.
Dental implants are metal posts that are inserted into the bone of your jaw. This allows the dentist to then use the post for a restorative dental procedure, like a crown or denture can be securely implemented to replace the missing teeth through dental implant surgery. Some advantages of dental implants include:
- Dental implants feel natural.
- There is no slippage or sliding with dental implants.
- Creates cohesion with your other teeth.
Implants can be transformative. Over time, the implant will fuse to the bone, so it can actually serve as a stable support for future dental work, if needed, like a crown or bridge.
Denture implants use the same titanium posts or screws to secure them, but they consist of a fixed denture that mimics your regular teeth. Denture implants prevent jaw deterioration and ill-fitting dentures that can occur over time. Some other benefits of choosing denture implants are:
- Denture implants prevent movement, like the slippage of regular dentures.
- There are no embarrassing moments when speaking or eating- the implants keep your teeth strong and stable.
- Some types of implanted dentures can be removed for cleaning but snapped back in for stability.
You will never worry about your dentures slipping with denture implant stabilization!
A snap on denture is another teeth replacement option in South Carolina that is becoming widely more popular. If your jaw can support the implants, your dental provider may recommend this alternative to traditional dentures for you. The bone will grow and fuse the implants into the jaw, creating a secure bond for the snap on denture and fixture to adhere to. Your dental provider can provide further information if you are interested to learn more about snap on dentures. So, what are the advantages of snap on dentures? Here are a few:
- Snap on- or snap in- dentures are stable, comfortable, and secure, more so than traditional removable dentures.
- Snap on dentures are comfortable when you talk and eat.
- Snap on dentures are aesthetically pleasing and natural looking.
- You have more over three times more biting force with snap on dentures.
Snap on dentures is not a fast replacement option, but they can last a lifetime. Remember to account for healing time after the surgical procedures involved with snap on dentures; recovery can last a couple months or more.
All on 4 implants offer patients an option that is a little bit different. If you are missing an entire arch of teeth, that is, you need all new uppers, lowers, or both, All on 4 implants might be right for you. All on 4 implants involve just four implants for the whole upper or lower row of teeth- rather than an implant per tooth. Next crowns or false teeth are secured on these implants. The results is a natural and comfortable fit, that feels just like your own teeth. The benefits of having all on 4 implants installed are considerable:
- There is no special hygiene required. Simply brush and floss as you normally would.
- Other teeth in your mouth will be impacted far less by spaces or missing teeth, as it impacts the spacing and bite of your entire mouth.
- Four implants- instead of a whole mouth of implants- is a lot cheaper. You may find that All on 4 implants are the cost-effective solution to replacing your teeth.
Perhaps the most common comment about All on 4 implants relate to how comfortable and natural they feel. This teeth replacement option transforms the patient’s appearance- which could change their life, too.
Implant-supported bridges consist of a dental implant for each tooth. The implant then supports the dental bridge
, your replacement teeth, in place. Furthermore, the abutting teeth on each side of the missing tooth- or teeth- serve as a means of stabilization. Wondering if a bridge is right for you? Talk to your dentist to find out. An implant supported bridge is another option for teeth replacement:
- Dental bridges can restore and rejuvenate your smile.
- Bridges are easier to eat and speak with- which can make you feel more confident and comfortable, too.
- An implant supported bridge can preserve your natural facial shape, preventing the teeth from shifting.
When you are missing a tooth, the surrounding teeth can shift and gravitate toward that space. An implant supported bridge can solve this- and prevent your teeth from leaning.
It is important to replace missing teeth for overall holistic health and wellbeing. The longer that you live with missing teeth- or a missing tooth- the easier it is to become complacent about replacing it. Here are some reasons why it is important to get it replaced soon, rather than later:
Letting missing teeth go untreated can interfere with regular function, like chewing, speaking, and biting. Depending on where and how many teeth are missing, you could experience all the above.
Overgrowth occurs when there is no tooth to counter and guide the growth of other teeth. Without this direction, teeth can grow too big in arch gaps.
When your teeth are missing for a prolonged period, it can cause the jawbone to deteriorate and bone resorption to occur. In this instance, the body leeches the bone from the jaw since there is reduced function and missing teeth. Dental implants can help preserve bone mass in the jaw.
Certainly, getting missing teeth replaced enhances your appearance, but it also subsequently impacts your confidence and self-esteem. Many people say that their missing teeth do not impact the way that they feel but replacing one or more missing teeth improves your smile and many day to day activities, like eating and speaking.
Replacing missing teeth helps to preserve your bite and prevent shifting in your mouth. When the upper and lower teeth don’t line up due to missing teeth, it can cause a lot of difficulty and discomfort. Replacing these teeth will restore your bite and make it even, so that your upper and lower teeth fit together perfectly when you close mouth.
Don’t delay replacing your missing teeth; over time, you could cause more damage, difficulty, and discomfort. Talk to Dr. Michael Ammons and Dr. Jay W. Hustead
at Ammons Dental by Design
to schedule your appointment and consultation for any of these dental solutions today.