What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry includes any kind of dental work which is designed to improve the appearance of your teeth or gums, and to contribute to a better smile. Whereas a general dentist will do everything necessary to help ensure that your teeth are healthy and free of disease, a cosmetic dentist is more focused on improving the appearance of your teeth and your smile. Cosmetic dentistry can hide a number of imperfections such as stained or discolored teeth, cracked or chipped teeth, gaps between the teeth, or even abnormally small or misshapen teeth.
Cosmetic Dental Procedures Performed by Ammons Dental
- Dental Veneers – dental veneers are thin, shell-like coverings which are attached over your existing teeth in order to provide a more appealing look, or to cover up some kind of imperfection. In most cases, veneers will either be made of a composite resin or of porcelain. Porcelain is the longer-lasting material, but it’s also the more expensive option of the two.
- Dentures – dentures are oral appliances which take the place of missing teeth, and they can either be removable dentures or dentures which are fixed in place by implants. Implant-supported dentures are more costly, but they’re also more reliable and more permanent.
- Teeth Whitening – teeth whitening involves using either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, which are bleaches that can remove stains from your teeth. This is a process which must be administered by a dental professional, and it will generally take about an hour in the dentist’s office. It can achieve results which are much more noticeable than commercially available whiteners on the market.
- Dental Crowns – dental crowns are caps which completely cover a tooth that requires protection, or which must be hidden for some reason. When dental fillings are inadequate to the task, crowns can be a preferred solution, especially when a large cavity threatens the health of a particular tooth. Most crowns are bonded to a tooth using dental cement for relative permanence.
- Invisalign – this is an orthodontic treatment process which makes use of clear aligner trays, as opposed to the traditional metal braces used exclusively in the past. Many patients prefer the Invisalign process because the aligners are not noticeable in the mouth, and that eliminates all the teasing which might attend the wearing of conventional braces.
- Teeth Cleaning – a professional teeth cleaning is essential for removing plaque and tartar from around your teeth, because if these materials have a chance to accumulate, they can easily lead to the formation of cavities and of gum disease. A professional teeth cleaning also includes a thorough brushing with a gritty toothpaste, and a professional flossing to remove particles from around the teeth.
Schedule a Cosmetic Dental Procedure today!
If you’re ready to do a makeover on your smile and dazzle your friends, contact us right away to schedule an initial consultation
. For your convenience, we have offices in Camden, Downtown Charleston, Summerville, and James Island, so whichever clinic you’re closest to, will probably be the one to call. After we learn about what you’re trying to achieve through cosmetic dentistry, we’ll be able to help you with the smile you have always wanted.